Craft Awards recognize accomplished and dedicated practitioners in the field of craft and design.
The 2022 Craft Awards Program is now open for applications! Deadline is June 1, 2022 at 11:59 pm EST.
Craft Ontario is pleased to announce that the 2022 Craft Awards Program has 13 awards open for application. Below you wlll find the list of Craft Awards, along with descriptions outlining conditions and requirements.
Successful recipients will be included in the 2022 Craft Award Recipient Group Exhibition, from October 7-November 5.
The Craft Awards program is able to take place on an annual basis through the valued support of many generous donors and sponsors. Our thanks go to the following organizations, businesses and individuals: FUSION: the Ontario Clay and Glass Association, Gladstone House, Lacy West Supplies. Ltd., The Pottery Supply House, Tuckers Pottery Supplies Ltd., as well as members and friends of the Copeland, Farndale, Gregor, Mather, Mayhall, McPherson, Shanks, Walker and Yung families.
We also invite you to take a look through past recipient work in the Craft Awards online gallery.
1) Review the award descriptions and requirements carefully to decide which awards you will apply for. You may apply for more than one award, but will only be considered for those where your work experience or medium fit the eligibility requirements.
2) We are in the process of updating our Membership Structure, and how that relates to Program eligibility. Please note that you no longer need a Craft Professional Membership to apply for the Craft Awards. If you are not a member of Craft Ontario, you will need to pay a $10 Admin Fee at the end of this application form. However, if you currently have an active membership you do not need to pay the admin fee. If you are not a member and are the recipient of an award, you will be required to purchase a Craft Professional Membership prior to receiving the Award Funds.
3) Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Each award has its own parameters for submission. Please read the eligibility and application requirements carefully before choosing which awards to apply for. Some awards are media-specific, while others are delineated according to career level:
EMERGING: This category is for emerging makers and is reserved for those in the early years of their professional careers who may still be undertaking undergraduate or graduate studies and have a small exhibition record.
MID-CAREER: This category is for crafts professionals in mid-career and includes those past the early stages of their career who have produced a reasonable body of work and may have a fair degree of public exposure.
ESTABLISHED: This category is for established craft professionals and includes those with an extensive body of work and with a history of national and international exhibitions and/or those who have achieved a wide degree of recognition.
For the Biography/Artist Statement, CV, Images and Support Material documents, you will need to upload these files directly into application form.
Your complete application must include:
1) BIOGRAPHY/ARTIST STATEMENT
Provide a 100 – 200 word description of your professional background and current practice.
2) CURRICULUM VITAE/RESUME
Provide a maximum three-page list of your education, exhibition record, awards, commissioned work, and experience teaching or leading workshops.
3) 10 PROFESSIONAL IMAGES OF YOUR WORK
4) SUPPORT MATERIAL DOCUMENTS
Depending on the Award that you are applying for, you will need to submit additional information such as: a Studio Development Plan, Study Plan, Achievements and Future Directions Statement, and/or a Description of Community Involvement. Read the Award requirements carefully, and include the necessary information in a word or pdf document. Please include a title for each section that indicates which award(s) the supporting text is intended for.
IMPORTANT: Award applications with incomplete support information will not be considered.
Make sure that all document and image files can be processed by a PC computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that submitted files are not corrupt, illegible or improperly formatted. Please save your CV as a WORD (.doc) document or PDF, and all image files as JPGs.