Be a part of a dynamic, creative team!
Craft Ontario relies heavily on the energy and enthusiasm of our tireless volunteers and committee members. With a myriad of opportunities available working in all aspects of the organization's daily and long term activities, Craft Ontario is a great place to develop your skills, meet your community and contribute to the promotion of Ontario craft. Join the Craft Ontario team today through either a Volunteer Position or by joining one of our Committees.
Craft Ontario would like to say a huge thank you to all our current volunteers. Through your talent, time and efforts you are helping to develop a strong and vibrant craft community.
New volunteers are always welcome! Fill out and submit an application form via email, fax or in person.
Volunteer Application Form
Below is a list of some of our ongoing volunteer needs. But if you have an area of expertise that you think could be of use to us that's not listed here, please get in touch! We're always interested in new ideas and new approaches.
- Gallery attendance and visitor services at the Craft Ontario Gallery
- Fundraising events support: eg. Maker Shaker Martini Party in the fall (finished for 2014)
- Special Programming support: eg. Craft Show in the fall (finished for 2014), Conference in the Spring
- Exhibition assistance: installation and Gallery maintenance
- Photographic documentation of our events and activities
- General office assistance: mailings, database entry and word processing
- Retail and visual merchandising support at the Craft Ontario Shop
- Publication support: ad sales and copy editing
- Graphic design services: web and print
- Social networking support
- Grant writing assistance
- Represent Craft Ontario at craft and industry shows or assistance in our presence there, when applicable
- Be a Craft Ontario Ambassador! Bring info about Craft Ontario and our programs and services into your region or to your association/group